Tuesday, May 12, 2015

The Perfect Day

Sunday was as close to a perfect day as I could ever imagine! Not only was it my very first Mother's Day, but it was Gabriella's Baptism and we were surrounded by so much love. Our road to parenthood was long and rocky, and celebrating my first Mother's day with family and friends was more than I could have asked. The weather was beautiful, albeit HOT, so Gabriella went bonnet, sock, and shoe-less during her Baptism but she still looked beautiful!

The Baptism was so nice; Father McHugh who married us, performed the ceremony and Sandy and Thierry are Gabriella's godparents. We are so thankful to them for being her godparents; they are so important to us and Gabriella is very lucky to have them in her life!


For our family and friends that read this blog, THANK YOU. Having grandparents, siblings, aunts, uncles and cousins present for such an important day in our lives meant more to us than we can ever express. Ever since Gabriella was born, we have been surrounded by so much love and support and we are forever grateful.You gave up your own Mother's Days to spend the day with us and we loved celebrating with you! And a few special shout-outs- to my Mom for coming over at 6am to walk Gabriella while we set up and got ready and for making Gabriella's gown (out of my wedding dress!!), to my Mother-in-law for making the most beautiful cake, to my aunt and Godmother Marilyn, for taking amazing photos,and my sister-in-law Rachel for setting up all of the food and taking control of the kitchen during the party. 


Four generations



Nana and Grampy




Great-Nana


Nana and Nonno
Love this family photo!
xo,
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment