Friday, October 16, 2015

Dear Gabriella

Dear Gabriella,
Happy Birthday love!!!  When I think back on the last year, I can't believe everything that happened. It seems like just yesterday but also like a lifetime ago when I look at how far you have come. Finding out I was pregnant was a dream come true. We had hoped and prayed to be parents for so long and when it finally happened, we couldn't believe it. Feeling you move and kick inside of me was simply amazing. You would get especially crazy during Taylor Swift songs which always made us laugh!

A year ago today (almost to the minute), at 6:47 am, you came crashing into our world. It was so scary and I was so sad that I couldn't keep you safe longer. Little did I know then that you knew what you were doing. I thank God every day that you were born when you were. I can't imagine our lives with out you! Despite being so very tiny and hooked up to a million machines, you were (and still are!) perfect and beautiful. Your fighting spirit kept you alive and has made you as strong as you are. The same strong will that got you out of the NICU is the same strong will that has gotten you to crawl and stand so much earlier than anyone thought. There is no doubt in my mind that you will go places in life Gabriella!

You made us parents and stole our hearts. We are head over heels in love with you! Never, ever forget that you are loved by so many people. You inspired us with your strength and fight and went through so much in the first few months of your life. You truly are a miracle.

Happy birthday sweet pumpkin! You are loved more than you ever will know!!!

All the love in the world,
Mom




























No comments:

Post a Comment