Friday, November 13, 2015

Five on Friday!

Happy, happy Friday everyone! I've been a little lazy when it comes to blogging this week so I'm linking up again for another five on Friday. Enjoy!!

1. Toddler crafts
I love that Gabriella is getting to the age when she and I can do crafty things together. My mom was amazing at thinking of crafts and projects when we were little and I hope that I can do the same with Gabriella. Pinterest is a great resource for toddler arts and crafts and this week we did some "painting".


Finished product... our little Picasso
This was incredibly simple and easy and kept Gabriella entertained for awhile! I put paint on a piece of paper and then slide the paper into a ziploc bag. I taped the bag to her high chair tray and she "finger painted" through the bag. No messy baby and she was really interested in it!

2. Fall organization
We need to have a serious fall clean-up/organize/purge in our house. Gabriella's closet is out of control, we have craft supplies all over, and an overload of toys, books, and just stuff all over. My goal is to have her room done by the end of next week and the rest done by Thanksgiving so we aren't decorating for Christmas over clutter. My new year goals include organizing the kitchen cabinets and the basement so I'll keep writing about my progress (to keep myself on track!).

 Image result for declutter 

 3. In search of a good read
I love reading. I have loved books for as long as I can remember and am embarrassed to say that I haven't read since Gabriella was born. A year! Way, way too long. I have no idea why, I have no good excuse so now I am looking to find something great to read. I've heard that The Paris Wife, by Paula McLain, Big Little Lies, by Liane Moriarty, and The Girl on the Train, by Paula Hawkins are all must-reads, so they are on my list. If you have read anything good lately, please send me some more recommendations!!
Image result for reading quotes dr seuss 


4. Standing up
 Now that Gabriella has started pulling herself up, she only wants to stand. She is getting more and more daring, letting go every now and then and took a couple of steps pushing her walker. This has led to a few crashes but she is getting better and better each day. She likes to hold hands and "walk" across the room as well!
Everything ended up on the floor seconds later



That look... we see that a lot when she's annoyed with us :)


5. Christmas countdown!
 6 weeks from today is Christmas morning. What??? Our Halloween decorations are still up, Thanksgiving still seems like it's not just around the corner and yet Christmas music is playing in the stores, Christmas ads are running on TV, and I officially bought one gift. I was at Target (for baby formula and cat litter, neither which ended up in my cart) and came home with a sled for Gabriella. So now that Christmas shopping has officially started, I guess I might as well get rid of the pumpkins :)
 

Have a great weekend!!!
xo,
Mary
 



THE GOOD LIFE BLOG


No comments:

Post a Comment