Monday, November 23, 2015

Walking and a visit with Santa

It's Monday morning and this post was going to be all about how Gabriella met Santa (aka my Dad/her Grampy) and she loved it, ripped his glasses and beard off, and it was perfect. And how I found a really, really, really good apple crisp recipe on Pinterest. But then last night, about 10 minutes before her bedtime, all of a sudden, out of nowhere, Gabriella stood up with her walker, and just pushed it across the room like it was no big deal. And when we laughed, cheered, clapped, and cried just a little, she looked at us like we were crazy and did it again. She woke up this morning and climbed up to it and did it again.

The video isn't great... I tried to catch her doing it a few times but it's like she has a sixth sense for the camera and immediately stops! But I'm sure she'll keep going and going we'll have plenty of opportunities to catch her in action!

Now back to Santa... my dad has a Santa costume which makes us all laugh and finally this year he has two grandkids to wear it for. I am a huge fan of( laughing hysterically at ) looking at photos of kids with Santa... especially when they are terrified (I swear, I'm not a horrible person!!). But honestly, if you have never googled "kids screaming at Santa" or "kids afraid of Santa", do it now. So funny. Sandy and I have laughed for months now, imagining Ben and Gabs taking one look at Santa and losing their minds, and us laughing, snapping photos, and looking back at our gold mine of amazing Santa pics for years to come. But the harder I laughed at our vision, I realized that the Santa they would be screaming at isn't just a creepy mall Santa, but it's Dad and the poor guy would probably be more traumatized than the babies if they lost it. (Side note...Sandy and I would probably still be laughing). So Dad decided to take out the Santa suit and show Gabriella the costume, and slowly put on the outfit so she would see it was him. Much to his delight, she loved it!! She was jumping up and down in my mom's arms and went right to Santa/Grampy. She immediately pulled his glasses off, ripped the beard off (too much peek-a-boo), and it was great.




No pressure on Ben, but he's our last hope of our dream of hilarious Santa photo :)

And finally, apple crisp. I have always been a huge fan of apple crisp and last week I found a recipe on Pinterest claiming to be the best apple crisp ever. I made it for a dinner I had to go to and it was finished! It really was very good so if you are looking for a recipe, find it here!

Have a great Monday!!
xo,
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment