Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Thankful



Every year social media is flooded with the campaign of 30 days of thankfulness. You are supposed to take the 30 days of November and share with the world everything you are thankful for in order to get in the spirit of the holidays. Every year I start out strong, and then life happens and I've shared about 4 photos of Gianni and our family and that's about it. And keeping with tradition, the same thing happened this year. I've decided instead to share here, all at once, the things that am extremely thankful for, this month and always.

1. Gianni. He will always get top spot but this year in particular he deserves a big shout out. He has worked so hard to support us and I don't thank him enough for everything he does. He is pretty humble but most of you know that several years ago he worked for Lego and loved the company but was in the wrong role. He was in a department that didn't fit with his goals and because it is such a small company, it was hard for him to move in the direction he wanted with little experience. He left and took a job at a large insurance company, in the career field he wanted to be in, to get as much experience as possible. He worked his butt off and really grew professionally. His hard work was just rewarded as he was offered an amazing opportunity back at Lego. I am so proud of him for being so focused and driven on his big goal.

2. Gabriella. "Though she be but little, she is fierce". She is only 1, but amazes me daily. I am lucky to be her mom; she makes me laugh, is spunky and can be a little stinker, but gives the sweetest little hugs and bites kisses, and is the best little person I know.


3. Our family. They are our rocks. They have supported us throughout our whole lives. Every crazy thing we have done, they have been there supporting us 100% and are our biggest cheerleaders. They pulled us through our hardest days and we wouldn't trade any of them in :) You can't choose who you are related to, but we would still choose them every day.



4. Our friends. We are so lucky to have a wonderful group of friends who make us laugh, help us be better parents, and are a true joy to be around. Whether it be coffee, a walk, wine, advice, or hand-me-downs, we have an amazing support system.


5. Our coffee pot. Here's my confession... my name is Mary and I am a coffee-aholic. I am grumpy and irritable until I've had a cup every morning. I just love it so much. We had a Keurig for years and honestly it drove us crazy. It stopped working 3 different times, each time we would bring it back and get a replacement. Finally, we had enough and pulled out the $15 Target 12 cup pot and it hasn't failed us yet. And a little holiday tip that my mom taught me... add a little cinnamon to the coffee grinds before you brew it and YUM.


6. This holiday season. This year is our first year with Gabriella home with us. It finally feels like we are a family, creating our own little traditions and memories and I love it. I am making an effort to take in every moment and truly enjoy the season. My goal is to have Christmas shopping done by December 18 so there is no last minute rush. We are creating a little "Christmas Bucket List" so the season doesn't zip past too fast. I'll share once we have it made!
  

 Have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving everyone!!
xo,
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment