Friday, December 11, 2015

Five on Friday


 Happy Friday!! Only two more shopping weekends before Christmas! I am sure the stores will be absolutely nuts this weekend so I am getting up early tomorrow to grab a few things on our list before it gets too crazy. I am bound and determined to be completely done shopping by next Friday so I won't have to go out next weekend so we'll see how I do!

1. Butternut Squash soup
This week I used a Barefoot Contessa recipe and made a delicious butternut squash soup. I am a huge fan of soups, Gianni is a little pickier when it comes to soups but even he loved this recipe. We skipped the curried condiments and just topped ours with croutons and I pulled some out for Gabriella before adding curry to the soup. It was great and you could definitely add more curry to make it spicier. If you like butternut squash, the recipe is here! 
The cat wanted to know if she could help out
 2. Another winner from Nancy Tillman
I mentioned in a previous post how much I love Nancy Tillman books so when I saw The Spirit of Christmas at TJ Maxx, I grabbed it for Gabriella. All of her books are so sweet and this one is just as special. We have the board book version but I am pretty sure it's available in the classic hardcover style and is a nice little story for kids!


3. The Nutcracker
Our niece Kate is an incredibly talented dancer and this year she is Clara in the Nutcracker! We are beyond happy for her and are looking forward to seeing her perform next weekend. If you are in Connecticut and a Nutcracker fan, she dances for the Ballet Theatre Company in West Hartford and tickets are available here! They perform at The University of Saint Joseph and Kate will be Clara in both Saturday shows!

Picture

4. Professional photos
We were given a gift when Gabriella was born of a photo session with Sandra Costello PhotographyWe decided to hold it until she turned 1 and we are so happy we did. She took beautiful photos that really capture Gabriella's personality. We have ordered some prints for our house and are using one for our Christmas card. Here is a sneak peak that she shared on her facebook site!
5. Gabriella this week...
This week Gabriella started "sharing". More accurately, she wants to give things to us all the time. And when I say "us", I mean anyone or anything in the house.
Here she is giving her snacks to her lion..

Offering me some food...
And her favorite, giving things to the Christmas tree...

This weekend we are going out to dinner with some friends, getting Christmas shopping done, and making gingerbread houses with my sister-in-law and the kids. I hope you have a nice weekend and don't get stuck in too many shopping lines :)

xo,
Mary
THE GOOD LIFE BLOG

No comments:

Post a Comment