Friday, December 18, 2015

Five on Friday!

Happy Friday!!! One week until Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://cdn1.theodysseyonline.com/files/2015/11/23/635838486103374999-1571525197_l2XcDiy9AoP3KhHGSnJ7kc6bEEHmWQTMhdxEf5nQspWZoOMEIKhXtBShPUDLbqhU0RAGti5Wc-6jpjNlOuYiD-oQAstn3t-ZEs7IOm7Yd8Gkcw3dN_EfMRG20UpIILLAJX509jwR 

1. Christmas shopping status
My big goal was to be completely, 100% done with all of our Christmas shopping by today. I didn't quite get there. I will say that we are about 95% done, with just some odds and ends to pick up and a couple of things to finish putting together. Unfortunately my car needed some work done that took longer than expected so that put a wrench in my plans for this week. But I should be able to finish up this weekend!  I was feeling extra on top of things when I wrapped a bunch of presents that we have ready to go, only to realize that wrapped gifts are a magnet for toddlers and cats... so to our family that receives gifts with little tiny pinhole bite marks, sorry :)



2."What's mine is mine and what's yours is mine"
Yesterday we had a friend and her two children over for a play date. My friend's son is 2 and her daughter is 5 months. This is the first time they have come over to our house to play and Gabriella acted a little possessive over her things. Okay, I have to be honest. She acted crazy. You know when you are watching something happen in front of you and you have this flash forward in your mind of what may happen next? Well this is what flashed in my mind...
 I jest, I jest. But I have never seen her act the way she did. She wanted every.single.thing. that my friend's 2 year old touched and then moved on to the innocent baby; stealing her pacifier (which Gabriella doesn't use... unless it belongs to another child), trying to grab her blanket, her face, everything. At one point when the 2 year old turned away to protect the banana he was eating from my crazed 14 month old, she actually collapsed herself to the ground, face down, bum up, and did a fake "eh heh" cry, occasionally looking up to see if anyone was going to give in. She doesn't act that way at other people's houses or places like the library so maybe it was just that there were other kids in our house. I have no idea. We have more playdates coming up so we'll see if it was an off day for her or if we've entered a new phase of toddlerhood!

3.Happy Birthday Dad!
Yesterday was my Dad's birthday and we wish him the happiest of birthdays! Mom and Dad came over for pizza and cake and Gabriella loved playing with Grampy and Nana before bed. We are going to Sandy and Thierry's on Sunday for a pre-Christmas/birthday brunch so the fun will continue through the weekend. Happy Birthday Dad!
Helping Nana and Grampy blow out the candles!
4.Ho, ho, ho
All December we have been saying to Gabriella, "What does Santa say?" "Ho ho ho". And this morning, Gianni asked her what Santa says, and she replied ho ho ho. It was as cute as ever! Of course she won't do it on camera, but this was as close as we got :)
5.Photo round-up
And to end, here are some photos from our week. We've been stuck in the house with my car being worked on so we have a bit of cabin fever and are looking forward to a bunch of fun things planned this weekend!
Using her triangle crayons to color a birthday card
Studying the phone
And one last thing! If you have little kids (or are bored at work :)), check out Google's Santa's Village. If you google "Santa" it will come up right away, or just click here... Santa's Village. Gabriella loved watching the "elf band" and was clapping along to the music!

Have a great weekend!!
xo,
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment