Thursday, April 28, 2016

Five on Friday!

Happy Friday!! I hope you all had a great week and have a relaxing weekend ahead. 

1. First race
My team has their first race this weekend! I am so excited for them; they have worked so hard and are a great group of boys. Coaching freshman boys has been such a different experience than I thought it would be. They are funny, kind, and hardworking. I am excited to see how they'll do against some prep schools! 

2. Vegetable garden 
We have raised planting boxes and had a fairly successful vegetable garden 2 years ago. Last year I didn't get it going but this year, we are itching to get our hands dirty! I think it will be especially fun to do with Gabriella because she loves most vegetables and I think she'll love finding and picking them. Fingers crossed for another successful season!

3. Call the Midwife 
My mom and sister-in-law both told me about this show last year but it was just this season that I really started watching. It is so good. There are only a few TV shows that are must-sees in our house and this has made the list. It takes place in the 1950s/60s and touches on so many social issues.  It is heartbreaking, beautiful, sweet and overall just a really well written show. It's on PBS on Sunday evenings but past seasons are on Netflix!! 

4. What made her happy
Earlier this week I wrote about the things that made Gabriella mad this week. The things that made her happy this week include eating lunch outside, wearing flowers in her hair, dumping puffs on the kitchen floor and then stomping in them, discovering a magnetic light table at the library, picking dandelions, and eating full strands of spaghetti. Whatever works, right? :)

5. Diaper cream
I am not sure if this is a new product, or if I just never noticed it before, but we recently bought the Burts bees diaper cream for Gabriella and it is amazing! Well as amazing as diaper cream can be :) It smells good and cleared up her rash really really quickly. Highly recommended from us! 


Have a great weekend!!
xo,
Mary 





No comments:

Post a Comment