Monday, May 23, 2016

Happenings

I have been the worst at blogging recently! The biggest reason is that Gabriella has dropped her morning nap so most days I spend her afternoon nap catching up on things around the house. But I really enjoy writing about our lives so I am going to work on carving out a bit of writing time each week. It's nice to look back on old posts and see different milestones Gabriella hit and how much she's grown. 

At 19 months old, she is very much a toddler. She has opinions and isn't shy to voice them :) Today I was getting a shirt out for her to wear and she looked at it and said "nooo". And the way she says no is really funny- it almost sounds like "naw" which I think is her saying "nah" but it sounds like a southern accent and makes me laugh! Her vocabulary has really exploded and she is copying everything she hears. Her words aren't perfect but for the most part she lets you know what she wants. 

She tries to make people laugh now which I think is the cutest thing ever, she tries to jump(it's her squatting up and down) , attempts somersaults, and still loves her baby dolls. She picks up everything she considers a baby(dolls to small Lego people) and pats their back and says "there there". 


In other news, my team has done really well in their regattas. They placed 2nd at the Q-cup, 5th at Kent, and 4th in States. They have one more race before the season ends and I am so proud of how far they've come. 

Gianni finished the fire academy and is officially a fire fighter for our town's volunteer department. He loves that it is something so different than his day to day job and it's a great feeling to serve our community. He'll be marching in the parade in town on Monday! 

He's away for business in Denmark for this week so Gabriella and I are missing him like crazy but the week will hopefully go by quickly! We've been able to FaceTime which makes it easier as well.

Have a wonderful start to the last full week of May!! 

xo,
Mary









No comments:

Post a Comment