Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Spring snow and silly faces

Hello, April. And hello freezing cold temperatures, sleet, snow, and everything that January wasn't and April isn't supposed to be! Our hyacinths bloomed right around Easter and now sadly, they are frozen solid under a few inches of snow. 70 degree days in January and 20 degree days in April- typical New England I suppose!
 
Gabriella was so intrigued by the snow falling and the snow covering the ground this time around! She wants to constantly look out the window and yells "snow!" every few seconds. It's pretty cute until I pick her up to do something else and "snow" becomes "no". Or when I try to explain to a 1 year old that you sadly can't ride your bike in the snow.  Please spring, come back soon!

I was at the grocery store and it was hailing in half the parking lot!
While toddlerhood certainly has it's challenges, so far this age is my favorite. She loves to be silly and loves to explore. She likes to make silly faces and noises and if she can make you laugh, she is just as pleased as can be. When we say to her now, "show me  your teeth", or "can I see your silly face?" she gives the cheesiest grin.
"show me your teeth"

"Silly face"
Gabriella is also in love with her slide and has recently started sliding down alone. We still have to watch her climbing up because she gets a little unsteady at the top, but she loves sliding down alone. It will eventually go outside but for these long, cold days, it has been a great indoor toy!

 

Have a happy Wednesday! 
xo,
Mary


No comments:

Post a Comment