Friday, January 29, 2016

Five on Friday!

Happy Friday!!! This week was longgggg because Gabriella had her second cold of the year (and it's still January) which ended up being a nasty respiratory virus. Ugh. We haven't even had a winter and I'm ready for it to end!!

1. Life with a dog
Last September we had to say goodbye to our sweet Chloe. It was so hard but right after that, Gabriella was born and our lives were completely different. Because of the whirlwind our lives became, I sort of forgot how much I loved having a dog around. My in-laws are away for a couple of weeks and we are watching their lab, Yula. Gabriella is in love and squeals every time she sees her. This morning, after a week of not feeling good, she was playing with Yula, covering her with all of her toys and it was so sweet. We're not going to run out and get a puppy but having her here makes me realize that we eventually need another dog in our family!

2. Book review 
I recently read "The Husband's Secret" by Liane Moriarty. It was on my list for awhile so I was really excited to read it. I didn't know too much about it, but I was thinking it would be a lot like The Pilot's Wife which I loved. I hate to use the word disappointed, because it was a good, girly, fairly quick read, but it wasn't what I had hoped. Itwasn't bad at all, just much more Emily Giffin than Anita Shreve. If I had gone into it knowing it was more of a light(which is a weird word to describe it because there are certainly heartbreaking moments), summer read, I think I would have appreciated it a lot more. It would be a good book for a mom's book club though because I think you could definitely discuss "what would you do??".

3. Super Bowl 
If you are a Denver fan, our etsy shop just happens to have some Broncos bibs and headbands in stock!! And if you are a Pats fan, still sad from last week's game, we have plenty of Pats gear to cheer you up :) 

4. Dunkin App
This is a little PSA for my fellow Dunkin lovers... download the Dunkin app! You link it to your debit card, pay with your phone and earn free coffees all the time! Prices are often discounted and they are constantly running promos. Really this message is for my dad and sister...you both go there enough, download it today:) 

5. Spring-like weekend 
Typical New England weather... It's snowing today and next week is going to be almost 60!! After this week's illness you better believe I'll be opening windows, airing out the house and getting some fresh air! 

Have a good weekend !!
xo,
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment