Friday, February 5, 2016

Five on Friday!


Cheers to another Friday! I'm keeping things light this week with 5 things I never thought I'd say or do before becoming a mom. I started thinking about this after Sandy and I were laughing on the phone this week about Ben becoming quite smart and figuring out how to get his way and get back to sleeping in their room. I was laughing so hard when she said, "I see his little face in the monitor and he stares right into your soul... so of course I can't let him cry because those eyes, so I bring him into our room and just like that, he's quiet and happy and I realize I've been played ". Oh parenthood, you are full of laughs:)

1. Smell her butt in public 
Seriously . I never thought I would do it. But then you are sitting in music class and everyone realizes that someone has um, destroyed their diaper. Or worse, you are innocently pushing your sweet, beautiful baby through Shop Rite and you get the smell and think, "oh sh*t", because that is literally the situation and you left the diaper bag at home so you could carry your cute new bag. Might as well confirm the nightmare by smelling her butt. Sorry Gabs, I promise to stop smelling you one day.

2. Wiping boogers 
Not only do I smell her butt in public, but I've wiped her nose with my bare hand. Why is it the better choice to have snot on my hand than her face? Not sure. 

3. Opening groceries before the register
I swore I would never, ever do this. I imagined myself being totally on top of snacks and my child and she would sit nicely in the cart while we shopped peacefully. Fast forward to real life and it doesn't matter how many snacks she's had, she shrieks and squeals when she sees something she wants in the grocery store. I've opened fruit pouches, puffs, and even a loaf of bread (crazy you say? Yes.) 

4. Share food with Gabriella 
Drool covered, wet, mushy food from her sticky hands is so gross. But when she looks up at me, smiles, and offers to share her lunch, it is so sweet and I can't say no. Parenthood is so gross (in the best way possible:))

5. Sing/dance/act crazy for a laugh 
I can not sing. I can not dance. However, in many a desperate moment, when a meltdown is on the horizon, I have started singing, dancing, twirling, doing anything for a baby laugh. No shame here :) After all, it could be worse; I could have boogers on my hand :)

Have a great Super Bowl weekend!
xo,
Mary


No comments:

Post a Comment