Friday, February 12, 2016

Five on Friday!

I don't think I could yell TGIF louder if I tried! This week has been a siege; it has been a long week of viruses, hospital visits, and long nights. But as the week is coming to an end, I am fairly certain that we are close to putting this behind us. So here are 5 photos that sum up our week...

1. 
We started the week out with lots of laughs! We got snow last weekend so we brought Gabriella out in her snowsuit… based on the looks she was giving me, I am pretty sure she was not impressed! But we pulled her around on her sled a few times, got lots of good pictures and she ended up happy. 

2. 
Then the cat needed a bath. Don't ask, it is a long story, but I don't think I can remember the last time I have laughed so hard as I did the night I had to watch Gianni try to bathe the cat in the kitchen sink. I was laughing so hard I was crying. 

3. 
If you follow me on Instagram, you saw this photo earlier this week. Gabriella's respiratory virus flared up and on Monday all she wanted to do was lie on the couch with her slippers and the rubber tub stopper. Toddlers are so weird :)

4. 
Unfortunately the virus got worse and we ended up in the emergency room with her in the early morning hours. She was vomiting and wheezing so our pediatrician recommended going in to the hospital. They diagnosed her with a severe virus that just spread through her body. They kept us long enough to make sure her oxygen levels were fine, and she was tolerating some clear Pedialyte. We followed up with her pediatrician who gave us an antibiotic for her ear infection and started her on a nebulizer treatment for the next week or so to help her get past this. 
I was feeling like it was just us, that we were trapped in this little bubble of germs, but after talking to lots of friends and family it seems like viruses this year are crazy! We have family and friends who have been dealing with flus, coughs, colds, stomach issues, rashes and everything in between. I think everyone will breathe a sigh of relief when spring finally arrives!

5. 
And here we are, on Friday, and while it will take a bit more time for her to be 100% better, she is a million times better then a few days ago! Having our smiling girl back is so nice! We will be spending the weekend disinfecting our house, all of the toys, and relaxing on Valentine's Day. 

I hope you have a wonderful long weekend! Happy Valentine's Day!!
xo,
Mary


No comments:

Post a Comment