Friday, February 19, 2016

Five on Friday!

Happy Friday everybody! Let's get right to it, here's five things that we did this week!

1. Cousin love 
We were so excited to be able to spend the day with Sandy and Ben! I haven't seen Ben since January and in just a month he has grown so much! I forgot how much they change from the six-month to seven month mark. He is so expressive, playful, and huge! I am pretty sure he and Gabriella probably weigh the same. They are just about nine months apart, which as babies seems like a huge difference, but the reality is that they will be in the same grade once preschool and kindergarten days are here. This visit was the first time that they actually seems like they were really close in age. They were playing together, "talking" to one another, and we were laughing so hard. 

2. Bottle free!
I wrote about how we were packing away the bottles the other day, but it is official! We are bottle-free! For any of my mom friends who have also washed the million and one parts that come with Dr. Brown's bottles you know how great this is! Gabriella still loves to be cuddled with her morning and night time cups of milk but that's okay; the cuddling can stay :)

3. Meat free recipe 
It's officially Lent which means every Friday is meatless Friday,although we've been trying to do meat free a lot more. It's been a lot of fun trying new recipes and one that I found through Pinterest this week was really good. It is a baked enchilada casserole; the recipe says to use quinoa, but I forgot to buy that so I used brown rice instead. It was really easy to make and you can find it here...

4. Snow/sledding pictures 
These pictures are two weeks overdue, but I completely forgot to share these pictures! At the beginning of February we finally got snow and we were able to use the sled that Santa brought :) Gabriella was bundled up like the little brother in A Christmas Story, but when she realized that she was getting pulled around the yard she had a blast. 

5. More pigtails 
I can't resist ending this post with more pigtail pictures… They make me laugh so hard!


Have a great weekend!
xo,
Mary











No comments:

Post a Comment