Monday, June 6, 2016

First Time-out

I suppose I should add today's date to Gabriella's baby book- it officially marks her first time-out. She loves her water table and recently thinks it's funny to pour water all over her head. No big deal, especially when she's playing outside because that's what the table is for. Well today we were outside playing at the table, and she took a small boat and started to drink from it. Gross. I had filled the table in the morning so by mid afternoon it was pollen covered and just not good for drinking. I said no, offered her a cup of drinking water and thought we were done. Two minutes later, she looks at me, says "Mama", and drinks the nasty water again and starts laughing. Again, I said no and hoped we were done. She looked right at me and said , "no, no, no" and took another drink. 
Now keep in mind that at this moment I realized that I have no clue what I'm doing. I knew some sort of punishment was needed but also realized that I had stopped reading the toddler book in order to watch The Bachelorette (don't judge me :)) So I made the decision that our precious little girl was getting her first time out. I picked her up, sat her in a chair and told her we don't drink water from the pool or the toys. I only kept her there for a minute and was feeling very accomplished. 
And then we went back to the water table, she picked up the small pail, and said, "Mamaaaaaaaa" with a SMIRK on her face and tried to drink it again. I fully panicked because I had no clue how to handle the situation and said we are all done with the table. And we relocated inside but she didn't seem to mind at all. So at the end of the day I am fairly certain that Gabriella learned nothing and I need to read the toddler book. Cheers to getting close to the "terrible twos"!!! 
xo,
Mary





No comments:

Post a Comment